The Pamirs – “Roof of the world”, is one of the most severe places on Earth. In the Pamirs, people from different tribes still live in various gorges. The average altitude is not less than 4000 meters. The nature of the Pamirs is unique. In highland deserts live wild animals. The wild nature is untouched. Civilization has not yet fully reached the Pamirs. There is no electricity, telephone, there are no normal roads. Exploration of remote corners of the mountain system, is possible only by means of a serious expedition. The Pamirs have a sharply continental climate. The air temperature at summer night drops to 0 degrees Celsius. Local people well adapted to the harsh environment, they breed mostly yaks and sheep.
Nowadays the Pamirs attract many tourists and researchers from different countries. In the Pamirs they can observe rare birds and wild animals. They can study local geology, and archaeological sites. In the Middle Ages, China tried to conquer the Pamirs, but harsh climatic conditions prevented it.
The Pamir are beautiful! There are amazing natural landscapes, pristine, wild nature. The Pamirs are great places for research and education of young people. There they can clearly observe the wildlife in which wild animals live.
Many travelers went to the Pamirs to learn more about wildlife in mountains, about geological processes and lives of people who live in those amazing places.
We invite you to take part in a field school in the Pamirs. We provide you with all the necessary equipment and utilities for a field camp (tables, chairs, an electric generator, dishes, tents, radio stations, gas and everything else you might need), a good vehicle, a cook, special equipment and a local guide.
Welcome to the Pamirs!
We offer two intended destinations without civilization. They are: Lake Zorkul in the southern Pamirs and the valley Jalan, near the lake Kara-Kul (northeastern Pamirs).
Zorkul lake is one of the most beautiful lakes of the Pamirs. Its height above sea level is 4200 meters. It is within a natural park. The park has thermal springs. In summer, people hold ethno festival there. One can ride yak and enjoy the wildlife of the Pamirs. The temperature at night falls down to 0 degrees.
A valley Jalan is one of the most severe valleys of the Pamirs. Altitude is more than 4000 m. The lake Kara-Kul is the largest lake in Tajikistan and the largest alpine lake in the world. Around the lake, is possible to arrange various trips and excursions. In summer, for only two months, local shepherds set up their yurts there. There grow rare endemic plants and live rare wild animals.
We can start our journey to the Pamirs from Kyrgyzstan. To do this, we fly to Osh city, from where it takes to cover 250 km on tarmac road to get to the Pamirs. This is the best option to get to the Pamirs.
Before ascending the Pamirs, we should go through acclimatization in a climbers’ base camp under a seven-thousand meters peak – Lenin peak (7134 m) in Kyrgyzstan. The altitude of the camp location is more than 3600 m. There are dozens of beautiful lakes there. The place offers a magnificent panorama of the Tien-Shan.
We provide with all necessary services for the expedition. Possible number of participants 10 – 35 people. Duration: from 10 to 30 days.
During the expeditions, you not only learn about active tourism and train principles of personal and social safety, but also can participate in extreme activities and field training:
- Rock climbing – climbing on natural or artificial rocky terrain.
- Canyoning – overcoming canyons without floating equipment using various techniques to overcome complex water-rocky terrain.
- Rafting – rafting on Mountain Rivers and artificial channels.
- Kayaking – active recreation on the water in a kayak (kayak).
- Equestrian tourism – Tourist routes on horseback.
- Hang gliding – flying on a hang glider (motor hang glider).
- Paragliding – paragliding (motorized paragliding).
- Balloons – flying in a balloon.
- Speleotourism – hiking through natural underground cavities (caves) and overcoming obstacles inside.
- Diving – scuba diving with special equipment.
- Snorkeling – swimming under the surface of water with a mask, breathing tube and fins.
- Orienteering, topography
- The basics of first aid,
- Fundamentals of geology, biology, zoology, etc.
You gain knowledge on cartography, learn to figure out which plants in the region are edible and inedible, learn how to filter water and keep fire.
You learn how to lay a route. We invite you to take part in extreme educational outdoor expeditions
We invite you to learn the wildlife of the Tien-Shan and the Pamirs.
The Pamirs are extreme alpine places where wild, alpine nature is harsh and beautiful at the same time. The Pamirs are outstanding natural monuments and absolutely wild untouched places for researchers and philosophers.
- - Meeting and seeing off at the airport
- - Accommodation in hotels 3 * according to the program (double/twin rooms)
- - Tents for accommodation
- - Large tent for the kitchen and dining room
- - Three meals a day for the whole program
- - Transport according to the program
- - Guide-expert
- - Cook
- - Tables and chairs
- - Tableware
- - Mobile toilets
- - Gas
- - Equipment for field camps
- - Entrance fees to reserves
- - International flights to Bishkek and back
- - Equipment rental
- - Single room accommodation
- - Cost of visa and consular services
- - Personal expenses in hotel, bar, international calls, etc.
- - Insurance
- - Any changes to the program
Price by Request
Price depends on the number of participants
Our email: email@example.com